Berry Global, is a plastic and recycled packaging industry leader. This innovative and successful Group operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide and employs over 48,000 individuals.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Chemist, with an interest in making an impact on recycling and sustainability in food and consumer packaging, to join PLASgran at their new, purpose built Clean-Stream plastics recycling facility in Leamington Spa. Housing industry leading technology, the site will process 36,000 tonnes of plastics per year, supporting high profile brand owners in their drive to achieve recycling targets.
The Senior Chemist will play a critical role in the site’s drive for technical compliance and the quality control of its plastic raw materials, required for food grade recycled plastics. This diverse role will include responsibility for:
- The development of a technical team, state of the art laboratory and processes which will provide full analytical testing of plastic materials to ensure end products meet food contact regulatory requirements.
- Performing analysis procedures and developing testing methods in line with legislation.
- Utilising GC-MS data to identify and qualify contaminants and determine safe levels.
- Creating suitable testing methods in line with legislation.
- Assisting the business in its drive to achieve quality and regulatory standards.
- Supporting ground-breaking research into recycled materials in food use-applications.
Qualified to Degree and ideally PhD level, in a related scientific subject e.g. Analytical/Applied Chemistry, candidates must have previous experience of working in a senior level analytical Chemist role, combining practical, hands-on experience, with innovative technical research. Exposure to broader quality and regulatory processes and procedures would be advantageous but not essential.
The appointee will have a comprehensive knowledge of analytical techniques, particularly GC-MS, and experience of working with Shimadzu equipment, or similar, is advantageous. With proven leadership skills, your attention to detail will be combined with innovation, flexibility and excellent communication skills.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton Ltd. To apply, please send your CV and current salary details, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref:03865.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.