This is an exceptional opportunity to join Smurfit Kappa, a FTSE 100 business and one of the leading global providers of paper-based packaging solutions in the world, with around 46,000 employees, in approximately 350 production sites, across 35 countries, with revenue of €8.5bn in 2020.
Display, part of the Smurfit Kappa Group, is a fast paced, rapidly expanding business which designs and manufactures award winning 3D display products for retailers and blue-chip Brand Owners in the food, beverage, personal care and FMCG markets.
We are now seeking to attract a dynamic, entrepreneurial and proactive Sales Manager who will report to, and work closely with, the Sales Director to assist in delivering ambitious growth plans. You will provide leadership, new ideas and a different approach to an experienced and already high performing business development team.
Your broad remit will include:
- Providing leadership and support to the new business team, to ensure that sales and new opportunities are maximised.
- Working with the Sales Director to devise and implement innovative UK sales strategy.
- Developing and managing the pipeline of business opportunities from both existing and potential customers in order to contribute to Smurfit Kappa’s ambitious growth plans.
- Optimising structural design to create market advantage by reducing costs and creating and delivering insightful, story driven presentations to inspire change within customers.
- Developing social media and other lead generation tools in conjunction with the Creative Director and sales/business development teams.
- Delivering best in class, collaborative and engaging customer relationships, through effective stakeholder co-ordination at all levels, you will drive new business activity both directly, through your team and the wider sales community within Smurfit Kappa.
This role will appeal to an ambitious, commercially focused and tenacious individual, with a strong mind-set to drive and deliver growth in the UK. The successful candidate will either be a Sales/Business Development Manager working within a Point of Sale/ display or wider packaging sector, or a Product/Brand Manager, from a Brand Owner, or marketing agency, who is seeking their first people management responsibility and the opportunity to work as part of the senior leadership team.
Key to success will be strong customer focus, the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels, skills in business case development and experience in working in a matrix team environment, focused on providing solutions and innovation. There are excellent promotional opportunities for a high achiever within this highly successful Group.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply, please send your CV, with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and including current salary details, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 02/859
Applicants must hold a full valid driving license and a working visa for the UK.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.