Ball Beverage Packaging is part of the Ball Corporation, the largest producer of recyclable metal cans in the world with over 100 locations and 17,500 employees. Manufacturing printed aluminium cans and can ends across 20 plants in 15 European countries, their innovative approach allows them to offer a diverse portfolio of products and added value finishes, special effects and graphics. Their vision is to make the can the most sustainable package in the beverage supply chain.
The Regional Quality Manager will lead the execution of Quality Strategy and Quality KPI’s, providing practical support and direction to site-based quality teams in 4 plants in the UK (Milton Keynes & Wakefield), Denmark and Sweden, necessitating 75% travel time between sites. Your work will involve a combination of ensuring the plants have the necessary tools to undertake critical problem solving and continuous improvement to delight customers, while ensuring successful new project introduction through the use of Advanced Quality Planning through close liaison with Engineering and Technical Groups. Your challenging brief will include:
- Practically leading the development and deployment of Quality Training at Plant and Region level incl. Kaizen, 8D, SPC, FMEA, and Advanced Root Cause Analysis tools.
- Ensuring the application of appropriate problem-solving methodologies and risk management governance to resolve quality issues and proactively mitigate quality risks.
- Ensuring plants are equipped with the best combination of state-of-the art, effective for customer protection and cost-efficient inspection systems.
- Leading the sharing and deployment of best practice across plants.
- Ensuring compliance with European Quality Procedures and Food Safety requirements.
- Ensuring direct and frequent communication with all departments and across plants on quality, product approval, and compliance.
- Ensuring the implementation of governance that allows the escalation of problems from plant to Group Level, including PDCA reviews, at Plant and Production Group Level.
- Personally leading and/or supporting quality improvement projects in manufacturing facilities.
- Positively challenging the status quo through objective change management and behavioural based quality training.
Educated to Degree level in a Technical/Engineering discipline, applicants must have proven quality management experience, ideally gained in a multi-site, high volume manufacturing environment, preferably across different geographies. A strong understanding of ISO and QMS and Auditor Certification are required. Previous experience in the packaging, automotive, food, FMCG or similar high-quality, volume manufacturing environment is required. Fluent English is essential.
Key to success in this role will be strong leadership, engagement and influencing skills, supported by sound analytical, numerical and statistical skills. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt qualifications would be advantageous, but the company will support training as required.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. Please note that all applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter, detailing your current remuneration to email@example.com or call +44 (0)113 287 2855 quoting reference 03824 for a confidential discussion.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for an interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.