The Berry Group is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible and rigid products, used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Following acquisition of RPC, this combined successful Group generates sales in excess of $13 billion p.a. employing over 48,000 people worldwide.
The Ardeer site, which is ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited, is part of the Berry BPI Division and employs over 240 people, manufacturing innovative industrial flexible packaging for an impressive and diverse customer base, utilising processes including blown film extrusion, flexo print and conversion, as well as housing a small recycling unit.
As QHSE Manager your challenge will be to take ownership, drive and further develop systems and processes, practical tools and techniques to ensure improvement, standardisation and consistency across Quality and HSE to exceed customer and legislative demands. With a practical, hands on approach, your remit will include:
- Promoting and developing quality improvements across the business, driving a high-performance quality culture through education, training and CI methodology.
- Driving a continuous improvement, problem solving approach using tools such as root cause, 8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa etc.
- Delivering improvement in customer complaints, waste and cost of quality.
- Managing the business Quality, Health & Safety systems and procedures.
- Leading improvement activity to reduce HSE risks.
- Implementing Health & Safety related corrective actions.
- Continuing to drive a behavioural based HSE culture.
- Promoting best practice policies and processes in response to legislation and customer demands.
- The management, development and motivation of a small team across QHSE.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent, and with NEBOSH qualifications, candidates will have a strong Quality improvement background, combined with sound Health & Safety experience, gained in a regulated, high volume manufacturing environment e.g. automotive, aerospace, medical, packaging etc.
Ideally with experience of leading a team, although exceptional candidates seeking their first people management role will also be considered, you must be able to demonstrate the practical implementation of lean tools and techniques across Quality and Health & Safety to deliver tangible improvements and drive culture change.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton Ltd. To apply, please send your CV and current salary details, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref:03871.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.