This six-month contract position may have the opportunity to lead to full-time employment in the UK.
Our client is a highly innovative, rapidly growing company supplying novel manufacturing technology delivering environmental and cost benefits across a Global blue-chip client base. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of UK-based plc, a world leader in cellular material technology.
Our client has developed a breakthrough platform technology with significant green credentials that has the potential to transform the sustainability of a wide range of food packaging solutions. Investments have been made to manufacture the material, including an aseptic filling machine. The next phase of this project includes acquiring and installing ancillary equipment to enable further live product trials and validation tests; evidence used to verify the material’s fitness for purpose with potential end users.
The Contract Lead Engineer position will be responsible for designing and sourcing all downstream processing to develop aseptic filling; taking the carton made by the packaging machine through pasteurization, filling, sealing, and quality testing.
- Design and sourcing all processes.
- With operational, technical project management and aseptic resources, install, commission, and integrate batching, pasteurization, aseptic filling, and downstream packaging environment.
- Ensure equipment operates with defined parameters during product trials, log reduction, and sterility testing of packaged material.
- Ensure compliance with all local Environment, Health and Safety requirements and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 years’ related experience in installing and commissioning in the food and beverage industry
- Proven experienced multi-skilled electro-mechanical process engineer with hand-on aseptic beverage packaging experience highly desired
- Ability to fault find and optimize machine settings, maintain and fault finding
- Interrogate and interpret including control systems’ interrogation
- Previous proven experience with aseptic line commissioning; including log reduction and sterility validation desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; MS Project
- Knowledge of pasteurization and CIP process
- Comfortable with “innovative solutions and fixes”
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.