The Berry Group is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible and rigid products, used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Following acquisition of RPC, this combined successful Group generates sales in excess of $13 billion p.a. employing over 48,000 people worldwide.
The Steinfeld site, part of the Berry BPI Division, employs over 300 people, and is the largest site within BPI, manufacturing innovative industrial and consumer flexible packaging for an impressive and diverse customer base, utilising their own internal, patented, recycling process.
The Berry Group are recognised for market leading Health & Safety practices and the Health & Safety Manager at Steinfeld will ensure the continuous improvement of site safety culture and performance including:
- Reinforcement and strengthening of critical health & safety policies and procedures, relevant to the site, and in line with wider Group best practice requirements.
- Working with the senior team on the implementation, development and integration of a true behavioural health & safety culture.
- Ensuring leaders and employees are fully engaged in practices such as safety tours, hazard reporting and safety observations.
- Management, motivation and development of the site Health & Safety team.
- Identifying risks and reducing these to an acceptable level.
- Reviewing and supporting accident and near miss investigations and recommend corrective action.
- Leading and participating on audits, using the process to drive improvement and best practice sharing.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent, and with formal Health & Safety qualifications, candidates will have proven health & safety experience gained in a manufacturing/industrial environment. Self-motivated with previous experience of delivering culture change around behavioural safety, attitudes and approach, he/she will have a sound understand of relevant Health & Safety standards and legislation. It is essential that candidates speak fluent English and German.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton Ltd. To apply, please send your CV in English, and current salary details, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref:03868.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.