Our client is part of a global, privately-owned, industrial chemical Group which is continuing to drive growth, through continuous innovation and a strong product portfolio, to service a diverse customer base.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Plant Management professional to join the Senior Management Team at a multi-product, inorganic chemical manufacturing site, in West Yorkshire, which is well invested and the subject of further major capital investment, linked to new product introductions. This COMAH site operates on a 24/7 basis and employs 90-100 people.
Reporting to the Managing Director and forming part of the Senior Leadership Team, your objective will be to provide operational focus and practical support to successfully deliver the 5-year strategic plan and £multi-million capital investment, whilst developing a sustainable and ongoing CI strategy to drive process and systems improvements.
Your broad remit will include:
- The management, modernisation, team motivation and development of multi-shift, manufacturing, engineering and maintenance functions.
- Delivering maximum efficiencies and optimum production levels, ensuring repeatability and sustainability.
- Identifying and driving opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- The strategic and successful growth of the site, focusing on operational excellence and profit maximisation.
- Liaising with all major stakeholders, ensuring the timely and cost-effective delivery of capital investment programmes.
- Leading, engaging and inspiring the team to ensure objectives are met, identifying opportunities for further training and development and succession planning.
Applicants should be Degree level qualified in a Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering discipline, with a strong manufacturing/operational management background, gained in a highly regulated, 24/7, bulk commodity chemical, (ideally Top Tier COMAH), manufacturing environment. Candidates will ideally have experience of working internationally and language ability (or the willingness to learn) would be advantageous.
An accomplished people manager with a hands-on approach, and excellent communication skills, you will demonstrate energy and enthusiasm achieving success through inspiring teams to engage and contribute.
Excellent career development opportunities exist for a high achiever.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. Please note that all applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter, detailing your current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)113 287 2855 quoting reference 02799 for a confidential discussion.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for an interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.