The Berry Group is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible and rigid products, used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Following acquisition of RPC, this combined successful Group generates sales in excess of $13 billion p.a. employing over 48,000 people worldwide.
The Recycled Products business is one of the largest recyclers in Europe, providing in excess of 70,000 tonnes of post-use material per year. The Rhymney site, which employs 86 people, produces 18000 tonnes of material and extruded blown film for the construction sector. The Unionised site also operates a wash plant producing post-use waste for use in the Group’s downstream production operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, and leading a team of 15, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for all aspects of engineering and maintenance on site including buildings, services and manufacturing assets.
Key to your success will be the ability to build relationships at all levels and lead, motivate and inspire your team to deliver a highly efficient Engineering service. Key objectives will include:
- Delivery of a best practice engineering function, driving planned preventative maintenance, resulting in improvements in OEE performance.
- Leadership, development and coaching of Engineers to raise site performance.
- Delivery of innovative cost-effective solutions to all engineering problems and ensuring all engineering targets are met.
- Developing the engineering plan to ensure that root cause analysis and continuous improvement is carried out across the site.
- Assisting in the preparation of capital investment proposals.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety, quality & environmental standards.
Ideally Degree qualified, candidates will have a proven Engineering Management background, gained in a high volume, fast paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment. He/she will be able to demonstrate engineering improvement through the use of best practice and continuous improvement tools, and the ability to develop, coach and motivate a team.
Energy, enthusiasm, passion and flexibility are all prerequisites for this key role.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. To apply please send your CV with current salary details to email@example.com quoting ref: 03883. Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.