Ball Beverage Packaging is part of the Ball Corporation, the largest producer of recyclable metal cans in the world with over 100 locations and 17,500 employees. Manufacturing printed aluminium cans and can ends across 20 plants in 15 European countries, their innovative approach allows them to offer a diverse portfolio of products and added value finishes, special effects and graphics. Their vision is to make the can the most sustainable package in the beverage supply chain.
The Development Engineer will focus on improving quality, manufacturing efficiency and reducing production cost of container design, whilst providing technical support to Capital Projects for increased capacity or new product development. Supporting Ball Beverage Packaging’s manufacturing plants, and working as part of the Central Development team, your challenging remit will include:
- Participating in capital projects by assisting in the development of machine specifications, toolroom equipment, tooling design and commissioning.
- Assist the senior management team in strategic planning by assessing feasibility cost, and benefits, of new projects.
- Achieving year on year cost reduction by developing processes, setting specifications, and designing tools to allow can light-weighting and down-gauging.
- Using statistical tools such as SPC, Six Sigma, Minitab for development and fault-finding purposes.
- Improving quality and manufacturing efficiency and reducing production cost of existing cans through improved can tooling and process design.
- Working with the Design & Development, and Project teams, to enable the design of new products and production processes which add value.
Ideally a Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer, you will have proven engineering experience gained in a high volume, complex component manufacturing environment such as packaging (metal, injection moulding, thermoforming etc); medical; aerospace; automotive etc, and a knowledge of its associated tooling.
Your experience will include the development of customer and manufacturing specifications and ideally the practical use of AutoCAD or similar design software. Six Sigma training/qualifications will also be advantageous.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. To apply please forward your CV and supporting application letter, including details of current remuneration to email@example.com quoting Ref 03832
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.