Ball Beverage Packaging is part of the Ball Corporation, the largest producer of recyclable metal cans in the world with over 100 locations and 17,500 employees. Manufacturing printed aluminium cans and can ends across 20 plants in 15 European countries, their innovative approach allows them to offer a diverse portfolio of products and added value finishes, special effects and graphics. Their vision is to make the can the most sustainable package in the beverage supply chain.
Forming part of the central Engineering support team, the Electrical Engineer Process Support will provide electrical engineering advice and support to Ball Beverage Packaging sites across EMEA, driving and operating Engineering best practice. Your challenging remit will include:
- Providing Ball EMEA plants with electrical engineering technical expertise, support and project management skills to ensure site objectives are achieved.
- Utilising electrical engineering skills to ensure optimum utilisation is achieved in line with objectives and priorities.
- Developing competencies around electrical controls associated with Ball Packaging machinery, understanding site electrical power and distribution systems.
- Supporting sites in the design and selection of electrical motors; design of electrical installations; fault finding and problem solving; PLC programming; construction and design of PLC networks etc.
- Sharing knowledge and best practice with Electricians and Engineers at all manufacturing facilities.
A Degree qualified Electrical Engineer, you will have proven electrical engineering experience gained in a high volume, complex manufacturing environment. Your background will include strong experience of Rockwell and Siemens PLC programming, and evidence of electrical engineering best practice, ideally with a good knowledge of current automation and energy reduction technologies.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.