Home Based – £Excellent neg package
Amphenol Ltd is part of the $8.5 billion p.a., Amphenol Corporation – a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. Based in Whistable, Kent, this already successful site employs c280 people, and specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of highly engineered connectors and interconnect products for a demanding customer base in the aerospace (AS9100), military and industrial sectors. The company is growing at a rate of 11% CAGR with a projected turnover of £50m p.a. by 2020, which will be supported by further, £multi-million investment and ambitious increased market share, product development and diversification programmes, with a plan to ultimately double the size of the business. This provides an excellent and exciting opportunity for a talented sales and business development professional to lead the strategy for growth, while further developing and supporting internal and external sales and product management teams to deliver this vision.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, reporting and acting upon customer, competitor and market intelligence in order to develop and implement sales and NPD strategy
- Managing and motivating a team of 27 Business Development, Customer Services, Commercial and Product Managers to deliver top-line growth
- Further penetration and organic growth of existing markets.
- New technology and new market development.
- Development and implementation of pricing strategies across all product market groups
- Negotiation of key £multi-million contracts
- Contribution to the strategic direction of the company, as part of the senior leadership team, based on in-depth technical understanding and complex ‘out of the box thinking.
Ideally educated to Degree level in an Engineering/Materials Science discipline, candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven sales/business development track record in an innovative, global, technology driven business. Experience in the connector/interconnector sector would be advantageous, or in a similar highly engineered component/systems manufacturing environment. Proven experience of leading, developing and mentoring sales and commercial teams is a pre-requisite.
The Sales Director will have experience of supporting a diverse customer base from OEM to Distributor, across industries such as aerospace, automotive, industrial, medical etc, demonstrating the ability to successfully drive profitable sales growth, as well as identifying and targeting new markets.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, detailing your current remuneration and quoting reference 03/809 to email@example.com. Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
|Job Category||Sales Director|