Location: Milton Keynes or Wakefield base (travel required) £Negotiable + benefits
Ball Beverage Packaging is part of the Ball Corporation, the largest producer of recyclable metal cans in the world with over 100 locations and 17,500 employees.
Manufacturing printed aluminium cans and can ends across 20 plants in 15 European countries, their innovative approaches allows them to offer a diverse portfolio of products and added value finishes, special effects and graphics. Their vision is to make the can the most sustainable package in the beverage supply chain.
The Production Continuous Improvement Manager will mainly support the Milton Keynes and Wakefield plants, work closely with, and being mentored by, Site Plant Managers and CI Managers, with a challenging and wide remit which will include:
- Working closely with the site teams to develop and implement CI action plans.
- Developing CI knowledge by driving projects using appropriate methodology (eg SMED, Kaizen, VSM, 5 Why, 7 Wastes, Six Sigma tools) to deliver rapid results.
- Driving the identification and progress of improvement activities in all areas of the plants.
- Identifying best practice opportunities and making recommendations for implementation.
- Developing a broad knowledge of the sites across all functions including Production, Engineering, Health & Safety, Quality etc, whilst developing people management skills by leading multi-functional project teams.
Ideally educated to Degree level, candidates may be progressing their career in a variety of routes which demonstrates some people management experience e.g. manufacturing or shift management, engineering, quality etc, but must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding, and some practical experience of, utilising a range of CI tools and techniques. This experience will have been gained in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
This position offers outstanding opportunities to progress within a multi-national organisation, particularly into senior Production/Operations roles, therefore, geographical flexibility would be a significant advantage.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. To apply please forward your CV and supporting application letter, including details of current remuneration to email@example.com quoting Ref 03815.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
|Job Category||Production Continuous Improvement Manager|