Based: Kenfig, South Wales £negotiable + benefits + relocation (where applicable)
This is an exciting opportunity to join RPC Group plc – a global design and engineering company, specialising in polymer conversion in packaging and non-packaging markets. This successful Group generates sales in excess of €4 billion p.a. from over 194 operations.
We are now seeking an electrically biased engineering professional to join the team at RPC Tedeco-Gizeh, in Kenfig, an impressive site which manufactures plastic vending cups and coffee capsules for major blue chip, household name beverage companies. The site is well invested and houses the very latest extrusion and thermoforming machinery.
Reporting to the General Manager, and leading a team of 14, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for all aspects of engineering and maintenance on site including buildings, services and manufacturing assets.
Key to your success will be the ability to build relationships at all levels and lead, motivate and inspire your team to deliver improvements in engineering performance. Key objectives will include:
- Delivery of a best practice engineering function, driving TPM and planned preventative maintenance.
- Leadership, development and coaching of Engineers to raise site performance.
- Practical problem solving, as required, from basic electrical issues to complex control problems, demonstrating ability to work on a diverse range of PLC equipment which controls machinery on site production lines.
- Project management of new equipment and technology into the site, supporting the site to ensure material and product performance levels are achieved to maximise productivity.
- Driving process improvements across equipment, material and product performance.
- Integration into the European technical engineering team to ensure effective co-ordination of customer projects. Some international travel will be required.
A time served hands on Electrically biased Engineer, qualified by experience or educated to Degree/Diploma level, candidates will have worked in a high volume manufacturing environment, gaining strong PLC and systems knowledge. Experience of plastics processing or extrusion processes would be advantageous, but not essential.
Your leadership skills will have been gained in a similar Engineering Management role, or in a Project Engineering role requiring co-ordination of multi-disciplined teams.
Energy, enthusiasm, passion and flexibility are all prerequisites for this key role.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. To apply please send your CV with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 03770. Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
|Job Category||Engineering Manager|