Aerospace/Industrial Component Manufacture – Whitstable, Kent – £Excellent neg package + relocation
Martec Solutions is part of the $8.5 billion p.a., Amphenol Corporation – a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. The company design and manufacture world class, performance engineered, precision components, specialising in hermetically sealed connectors, for harsh and demanding applications in the oil and gas, aerospace, marine, nuclear and defence sectors. Having achieved 30% growth over 3 years to reach a turnover of £8m, the company is poised for further growth with strategic plans to grow the business to £12m in the next 3 years. The business will shortly relocate to a 25k sq. ft custom built facility on the Amphenol site in Whitstable. A Business Unit Director is now required to take full P&L responsibility for the business and lead and support the current team of 48 people to deliver the strategic growth plans.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to, and working with, the Managing Director of Amphenol to ensure the successful delivery of the 3 years strategic growth plan, reviewing and maximizing products, technologies, market sectors, operational capabilities.
- Ensuring the sustainable profitable growth of the business through the identification and execution of sound commercial and operational strategies, playing a personal key role in identifying opportunities for profitable sales growth and new business development.
- The continual development and achievement of the Group’s ambitious growth plans, providing recommendations and strategies for new market growth, new technologies, supplier development, systems development etc.
- Lead, manage, motivate, develop and expand, as the business grows, the Martec Solutions workforce, and business systems, building a strong management team across Sales, Operations, Finance, and Engineering who are capable of further development.
- Deployment of Lean manufacturing principles across the site to ensure the cost-effective manufacture of the highest quality products with a continual focus on maximizing commercial, operational and supply chain strategies to reduce costs, improve productivity, lead time and profitability.
Ideally educated to Degree level, with a technical/scientific background/mindset, candidates will have proven commercial/business development experience, combined with broader general business management experience, gained in a high technology driven, manufacturing environment. Connector experience would be advantageous, but candidates must have had exposure to providing highly technical products into diverse markets such as aerospace, military, automotive, medical etc.
Financially astute, a clear and confident communicator, the appointee must have a practical and ‘hands-on’ approach whilst being able to deliver business strategy and growth, and strong people management skills with the ability to maximise the full potential of the team.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, detailing your current remuneration and quoting reference 03/808 to email@example.com. Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK.
Due to high volumes of response, it is with regret that we are unable to acknowledge individual applications. If you have not been invited for interview within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
|Job Category||Business Unit Director|